Erectile Dysfunction (ED) has been one of the problems that have been kept behind closed doors for years. Accept it or not, men take pride when it comes to dominance in the bedroom. Those who are suffering from ED choose to be silent in fear of embarrassment.
Erection is a result of the cardiovascular and nervous system working together. When a man’s fight or flight reflex is relaxed, the blood supply is centrally retained within the body and is made easily accessible to the penis. When the smooth muscle tissues around the penis are relaxed, it allows the surrounding arteries to open and let blood flow to the organ which causes an erection.
Easy Way Out?
Thanks to Viagra, things were turned. Since this “solution” to ED was introduced to the public, ED was revealed behind the curtains. More men became open to discuss the condition and share their personal stories. But, taking Viagra comes with side effects such as discomfort in the stomach, headaches, and flushing.
The Effective Natural Remedy?
Yoga! The practice is very popular for its magnificent benefits to the physical body and the mind. You won’t only counter ED alone, you will also get a chance to discover yourself and improve not just your romantic life but your whole being. Yoga is very effective in releasing tensions in the body and improves blood circulation, which promotes the overall health. Follow this simple poses that’ll surely help fight against Erectile Dysfunction and boost your activities behind the bedroom door!
Bound Angle Pose/Baddha Konasana. This pose gives the groin and inner thighs a very relaxing stretch. It also stimulates the kidneys, bladder and the prostate gland.
To do the pose:
- Begin by sitting on the ground and extend your legs forward.
- Then, bring your feet together as your knees bend to the sides.
- Make sure that the soles of your feet are facing each other.
- Hold your big toes together using your index and middle finger.
- Keep your spine long and stay on this pose for 10 breaths.
Bow Pose/Dhanurasana. This pose stretches the whole front of the body and stimulates the reproductive system. It can effectively improve the flow of blood in this area, allowing the arteries to unclog and allow better erection.
To do the pose:
- Lay on your stomach.
- Remember to keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Inhale, filling your lungs.
- As you exhale, bend your knees and reach your arms back, reaching for your ankles.
- Keep pulling through your arms and feet to stretch the muscles on the front of your body.
- Stabilize the pose by keeping your pelvis firmly in contact with the ground.
- Hold this pose for 10 breaths then release.
Standing Forward Bend/Uttasana. This pose gives the back of the legs and the lower back a very intense stretch while stimulating abdominal organs and boosting metabolism. It is also very effective in relieving headaches, sending freshly oxygenated blood to the brain.
To do the pose:
- Stand with your feet together and hands in prayer.
- Inhale as you extend your hands in the sky.
- Exhale and fold forward through the waist, reaching for your toes.
- Stay in this pose for 10 breaths.
- Alternatively, if you can’t reach your toes, you can cross your arms and hold onto your elbows.
Erectile Dysfunction can be caused by activities where the arteries are blocked or damaged like smoking, high blood pressure, alcohol and heart disease. Stress can also affect relaxation and cause ED.
Follow these easy poses and improve your relationship while developing awareness. Use this natural remedy to effectively fight Erectile Dysfunction, and see great improvement in no time! Also, check out this easy 10-minute yoga routine for men!